I’m absolutely not going to start blogging about fitness and health, but I though it would be fun to share with you guys simple things that makes me feel well. It’s no secret that after a week (or a few days) with no work outs, lots of candy, unhealthy food and no routines I feel really crap about myself. I know my body hasen’t change at all during those days, but it’s just the way everything makes me feel. These are the things I do to feel good about myself and my body:
- Get enough sleep, and the right sleep – This is so important to me. Everyone who knows me well know that I get really stressed out if I go to bed to late, and I know that I have to get up early. I need to get 8 hours of sleep every night, and it can’t be from 4 in the morning to noon the day after, it has to be from 22.30 to 06.30 in the morning, that’s my best sleep!
- Lemon and ginger in the morning – The last months I’ve started making myself boiled water with lemon and ginger every morning to kick start the day. It does wonders for my body and my immune system.
- Start with a healthy (and really yummy) breakfast and some coffee – I love a good breakfast, it’s my favorite meal of the entire day. I change between oatmeal and smoothies, but right now smoothies is what I make the most. And a large coffee is always needed!
- Stay active – Staying active is so important for how I feel, the last years I’ve worked out regularly and if I don’t work out for 2-4 days I feel really crap. I know I really shouldn’t, but it’s just the energy and everything working out gives me that makes me feel so much better. So I try to get to the gym/go for a run/go for a hike at least 3-4 times a week, but I prefer 5-6 times.
- Being productive and organized – These two goes hand in hand for me, if I’m not organized I’m not productive and if I’m not productive I can’t stay organized, so I always need to be both.
- Eat candy and the food you want – I’m really not a diet person, if someone ever tells me to stop eating candy or chocolate or amazing food they don’t know me at all. I think it’s really important to eat what you want when you want it, in moderation of course.
What do you do to feel good about yourself?